Out of Print
Civil War enthusiasts have long awaited the day when Lloyd Bailey’s monumental series, Heritage of the Toe River Valley, would cover the local story of the glorious and tragic events of that epic struggle.
It was first envisioned that the entirety of the account would fit into a single volume. It soon became clear that it would consume two, and then three, books.
Volume VIII is the first of three books devoted to this topic.
- Maps of County Formation
- Future Volumes of the Toe River Valley Heritage Series
- Modern Map of the Toe River Valley
- The Editor
- THE CONFEDERATE STATES OF AMERICA
- Before The War
- Newspaper Articles and Obituaries (beginning with 1862)
- Civil War Events on the Local Scene
- Selected Types of Confederate Documents (Local):
Soldier’s Pension Application; Widow’s Application; Quartermaster’s Payment; Request for Promotion in Rank; Pay Voucher; Requisition for Clothing; Permission for Furlough; Oath of Allegiance; Certificate for Released Prisoner; Pass for Travel; Receipt for Armaments; Transportation Home for Released Prisoner; Resignation of Officer; Discharge for Disability; Application for Transfer to Another Prison.
- Sketches of Individual Soldiers
- The Sons of Confederate Veterans
- Photographs of Soldiers